To be considered fully vaccinated, you must:
- have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines: 2 doses of Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines or 1 dose of Jasssen vaccine (Johnson & Johnson);
- have received your last dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior the day you enter Canada;
- upload proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN app. Proof of vaccination must be in French or English. If the document is in another language, a certified translation in French or English must be uploaded.
In addition, you must:
- Be eligible to enter Canada and meet all conditions to be exempt from travel restrictions as international students;
- Don’t have symptoms of COVID-19;
- Provide proof of a pre-entry COVID-19 test conducted within 72 hours prior to your arrival in Canada;
- Get tested when you arrive in Canada. You can register in advance for your test to save time at the border;
- You must have a suitable quarantine plan. It is important to understand that, even if you are fully vaccinated, you must still submit your mandatory quarantine plan through the ArriveCAN app before coming to Canada, as final determination to exempt the person from quarantine is made by a government representative at the time of entry into Canada. You must therefore be prepared to quarantine for 14 days, in case you are symptomatic or you don’t meet the requirements.
These requirements have been in effect since July 6, 2021 and may change in the coming days and weeks. Visit the Canadian government site regularly to stay informed.