Cegeps in Quebec
- Career programs allow students to get interesting jobs and transition into the job market as soon as they get their degree.
- Pre-university programs lead to university.
The province issues a diploma of college studies (DEC) at the end of all programs.
Shorter training leading to an attestation of college studies (AEC) is also available.
Online information sessions
Some CEGEPs offer online academic information sessions. Sign up now to reserve your spot. You will learn more about the CEGEPs you’re interested in and the available programs and activities.
An environment for success
- Academic programs focused on practical skills, allowing for more practical, active and sustainable learning
- Teaching focused on participation, autonomy and making students accountable for their education
- Cutting-edge equipment in all departments
- A host of student services: social services, cultural activities and sports facilities
An important role in applied research
CEGEPs maintain close ties with companies and public institutions to better meet the job market’s needs. In addition to ensuring skills and manpower development are up to standards, they offer companies training and technology support services. They have also created 48 college centre for the transfer of technologies to conduct applied research and contribute to the thriving of key sectors in Quebec’s economy.
Why study in a CEGEP?
- Acquire high-level practical knowledge in a specific field.
- Develop skills recognized by employers.
- Excellent job placement rates in career programs: higher than 80% in several programs of study.