Add your favorite pages here by clicking on the +.


Country or territory

Personalize your experience and get more specific information for your situation.

I live in


Add your favorite pages here by clicking on the +.


Virtual Advisor

Receive some program suggestions based on your profile

Let's go!

    After you finish your cégep program, the door to the job market will be wide open! If you would like to remain in Quebec or in Canada to start your career, you should know that there are several programs that can help you transition from school to career.

    Post-graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

    If you have completed your cégep studies, you can apply for a PGWP. This permit allows you to work in Canada for a period equivalent to that of your studies (maximum 3 years). See whether you are eligible for a Post-graduation work permit.

    PEQ – Québec Experience Program

    If you want to apply for Canadian permanent residence after you graduate, you should know that the PEQ is an accelerated selection process for qualified workers who want to become permanent residents. Check the conditions and process to obtain a PEQ.

    You can also find job offers via several organisations. For example:

    • In the Montreal region, I Choose Montreal offers support for finding work during and after your studies
    • In the Quebec City region, Québec First provides information on staying in the Quebec City region and finding work during and after your studies.
    • Many websites post job offers all across Quebec, including Emploi-Quebec and Jobboom.

    Once you’re holding your college diploma, you might decide to continue your education. During your final year at cégep, you can apply to universities in Quebec, other parts of Canada, or abroad. Most cégeps have academic guidance and support services that can give you help and advice for your university applications.

    University programs can have specific prerequisites for admission – don’t wait to find out what they are. Especially if you are thinking about changing fields, you may be missing certain required courses. Your grades will also have an impact on your university admission, especially for programs with limited enrolment.


    If you want to go back to your country after your studies in Quebec, know that your diploma will not automatically be recognized in your country of origin.

    If you are a European citizen, you must go through an official process via ENIC-NARIC (ENIC: European Network of Information Centres in the European Region / NARIC: National Academic Recognition Information Centres in the European Union).